Facebook Streaming Leveled Up
Today Streamlabs announced that Facebook Gaming is now integrated with Streamlabs OBS with full API support. Now users with Streamlabs OBS can stream their favorite games through Facebook with a suite of different supported features faster than ever.
If you’ve streamed video games using other broadcasting software you probably realize that it can be a pretty intimidating and technical experience, especially for new streamers. Our goal for this integration is to make the streaming experience on Streamlabs OBS as smooth and seamless as possible. We want to enable content creators to turn their passion into a business, and a Facebook Gaming with full API support is a crucial step in helping creators earn a living from live streaming.
“In 2018, we saw a 91% increase in content creators using Streamlabs OBS on Facebook,” said Ali Moiz, CEO of Streamlabs. “ We hope that this full Facebook Gaming integration will open the doors for thousands more to enter the market and make money doing what they love.”
“We’re always looking for new ways to make live streaming easier and more rewarding for our growing community of gaming creators,” said Nick Miller, Product Manager at Facebook Gaming. “The new Streamlabs OBS integration makes it faster than ever for Facebook Gaming creators to stream. We’ll continue to work with partners like Streamlabs so gaming creators can focus on what’s most important — making awesome content, connecting with their fans and earning money from their work.”
So, how does this integration make it easier for you to stream games?
Here is a look at the old process if you’d like to stream games on Facebook:
- Go to facebook.com/live/create
- Click “Create Live Stream”
- Go to the top left and select “Share on a Page You Manage” from “Choose where to post your broadcast”
- Select your page
- Enter the game category and title
- Open OBS -> Preferences -> Stream
- Copy URL and Stream key from FB page into appropriate OBS settings
- Click “Start Streaming” in OBS
- Click “Go Live” in FB page
And here is the process now that Facebook Gaming is fully integrated within SLOBS:
- Open SLOBS, login via Facebook
- Click “Go Live”
- Add a game category, your title, description, and select your page
- Click “Confirm & Go Live”
And here is a gif showing just how fast it is to start streaming today:
Facebook Gaming has provided their developer API’s so we can make streaming games to your favorite social media platform more convenient than ever before.
Right now the Facebook Gaming Integration within SLOBS includes:
- Embedded Chat: This widget adds an overlay to your stream to ensure that chat interactions are visible to everyone no matter where or when past streams are being played
- Auto-fill Stream Information: This feature will pull and prefill stream info (title, description, etc) from either a scheduled stream or your last stream
- Automated Notification: Because Facebook allows you to stream up to four hours per session we’ve implemented a warning message when you are approaching the stream limit
- Stream Schedule: When you schedule a live video, an announcement post will be published to News Feed letting your fans on Facebook know that the broadcast is coming
- Facebook-specific Alert Support: Whenever you receive a like, share or follow you’ll be notified on stream
Currently, only Facebook Pages, not personal profiles, are supported for live streaming using Streamlabs OBS. An automatic notification within SLOBS will tell users to set up a page for streaming if they don’t already have one. Alternatively, you can click here to create a Gaming Video Creator Page now.
To start streaming games on Facebook visit Streamlabs.com and download SLOBS today. Happy streaming!